We were barely in the dance studio door when Kate's excitement got the best of her.....there were girls everywhere, running around in dance clothes, popular music pumping loudly from behind a closed door, a large gymnastics mat with girls doing flips and jumps.....she turned to me and said "mom, can I come here more than just one night a week?"
Her class hadn't even started yet.
I stayed and watched Kate for the first and last 15 minutes of class (Jane and I went to the library to blow some time) I got to watch her do some forward rolls and cartwheels, which she did with ease. She looked so happy. In the last 15 minutes we saw her do her backward bends and try to flip on over...something she has been practicing on her own for months. I heard her teacher ask her if she had done gymnastics somewhere else before this class...she took two years of tumbling class with Ms Terry at Joyful Noise preschool!....when Kate said she had, I heard the teacher say "I could tell you had done this before."
I thought Kate's face was going to break from smiling so hard.


No comments:
Post a Comment