My girls with the Haiti Jar. All three have been so good, kind, generous and loving with this project.
Last Sunday evening we counted the money in the Haiti jar. $364. One silly dollar short. Could I have just grabbed another dollar out of my purse to make our goal? sure. Did I? no way. I wanted meeting the goal to mean something. We waited a couple of days and Kate was gracious enough to lose a tooth for the cause!
She went to bed hoping for one dollar from the tooth fairy so we would meet our goal. She got two dollars. The tooth fairy wanted her to get to keep a dollar for all the times she had been so generous in the past.
My Kate donated BOTH dollars.
"Now another kid can get started in school, mom!"
Don't know what we did to deserve these girls.
God is so good.
Next week we start writing pen pal letters to Haitian kids!


No comments:
Post a Comment