Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Music to my ears

Ever have a day when a song seems to speak to you?
I am blessed to be a part-time nurse and a full-time mom. I know I have more days off than many working women, and I thank God for that daily. Seriously, how do you ladies get anything done? However, even with the days off, I find myself pressed for time to do chores, get shopping done, etc. Today was one of those days. I didn't sleep well lastnight and was having a low tolerence Tuesday. Here is when music and my dear sweet baby Jane changed my day.

I was trying to mop the kitchen floor and Jane was in the way. AARRGH! "I just want to get this done, would you move it please?" Then I noticed that what she wanted was a drink out of my water bottle which was sitting up on the counter. To avoid the deluge of water, that usually spills out of her mouth when she takes too big of a drink, I put in a curvy "silly" straw that was on the counter beside it. Are you ready for the "Ah-ha" moment?

I sat on the kitchen floor and watched my daughter drink out of that silly straw for 10 minutes! She would watch the liquid come through the curves, take a drink, and then smile and laugh. For one fleeting minute I thought, "crap I totally need to get this floor done" and then....wait for it....

My Ipod started to play "A Lovely Day" by Bill Withers.
"Then I look at you... And the world's alright with me. Just one look at you...and I know it's gonna be...A lovely daaay!" Okay, God. I'll slow down and love this moment.

The next song on the shuffle....Alicia Keys...."Superwoman"
"I am Superwoman. Yes, I am...Yes, she is. Even when I'm a mess, I still put on a vest, with an "S" on my chest, oh yes, I'm a Superwoman."

Enough said.
Sarah

oh yeah, Kate also told me over breakfast that I'm "so 2000 and late"
(she's a little young for a Black Eyed Peas reference, don't you think?)

1 comment:

  1. OMG - Ben and I are laughing SO HARD right now about the "2000 and late" comment...I think I am going to DIE!!!

    Thanks also for the nice post about my blog.

    I HEART you!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete