I totally forgot to mention the most exciting thing that happened today....
Tess had her school awards ceremony and she received 3 awards!!
She got an award for "Responsibility" that was given to several kids for being organized, turning in their assignments on time and done correctly, etc. etc.
She also got an Outstanding PE award. Did not see that one coming......neither did she, she said. :) I mean, she's coordinated and all, but to the point of being Outstanding?????? Good job Tess!
Her third award was for Outstanding Academic Achievement. That's my girl! She has gotten this award in both 1st and now 2nd grade and we are thrilled. What an honor.
They give out many awards, most describing a personality trait/characteristic that we should all strive to have. My favorite is the "caring" award, and that is the one I want my kids to get, and I even said as much to the mom sitting next to me. When we got home and Tess was talking about the different awards, she said "there's an award for being a caring person. I want to get that one someday." It brought a tear to my eye.
NOW, THAT'S MY GIRL!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment