I can't go to sleep tonight without telling the world about my little fish Kate Sinclaire. She started swim lessons 4 weeks ago, not being able to get in the pool without some sort of flotation device. Now, my baby can swim!
Tonight was performance night at swim lessons. Friends and family are invited to attend, sit by the pool's edge, and watch the swim students show off what they have learned during swim lessons. Kate was the youngest (and shortest) kid in her class but she put 110% into every lesson, paid attention to what the teacher said, and then swam her little arms and legs till they were exhausted each night.
Tonight we got to watch Kate swim across the pool numerous times, freestyle and back stroke. She has some trouble floating on her back, but that will just take a little practice. I was so proud of her for jumping in the deep end (9ft!) coming to the surface and then swimming over to the ladder ALL BY HERSELF.
My heart just soars when I see the look on her face that says "YES! I did it!"
Yes you did Kate, and your dad and I are so darn proud of you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment