Lastnight was an experience I won't soon forget.
4 adults(myself included) and 15 junior and senior high school students were locked in our church overnight for a leadership lock-in. Good times.
After working all day, then going to Independence Center for a family photo, I was dragging my rear by 9pm, which is when this party started.
Quickly the energy of the youth energized me, that and a Diet Mt Dew, and it was FUN FUN FUN.....with some work.
Until around midnight we planned for the next year's Bible study topics, mission trips, fundraisers and group fun activitites. I am excited to be a part of their ideas, and look forward to see how these kids impact their community through volunteer work and mission trips. Hopefully I will get invited to participate, or perhaps weasle my way into the fun somehow.
By 2am the agenda had turned to FUN. Some played Underground Church (hide n seek in the dark with a purpose) while the rest of us talked, laughed, ate snacks, and laughed some more. By 4am everyone was asleep, and by 7am we were all awake helping clean up God's house after our late night shenanigans. I am so thankful for the time we just spent being friends and talking. Makes me feel closer to the kids, closer to the other leaders(who are all rockstars for their energy and ideas) and ultimately closer to God. God is so good.
We only have a few weeks until the school year starts and Bible study will occupy my Wednesday nights. While I am thankful for the summer "off" I am ready to be a part of this group again, and to start studying God's word on a more routine basis. This summer has been a total slack off for me in that area. shame on me.
Aren't you proud of me for not mentioning how tired I am?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment