Tuesday, August 16, 2011

well crud.

The house we want has a contract on it. We found out yesterday and feel like we have been kicked in the gut.
Not that we didn't know this could happen, and not that we ever felt fully confident that we would get this house.
We just hoped....and prayed really, really hard.
The reality is that this house has had several contracts on it in the past(which we didn't know about until this one) that have fallen through, and there is still hope that this one will too.
Not that I wish anyone bad luck....but I wish the current contractees bad luck.

In the meantime, we wait and we continue to pray really, really hard. I don't want to pray that we get this house, but that the best situation unfolds for us.
I had the quick reaction to start looking at other houses for a back up plan. We have worked so hard getting our house ready to be on the market, that it seems like a huge waste of energy to not keep it there. Andy says that looking at other houses is like dating a rebound girlfriend. She isn't the right girl, she's just the girl right now.
I don't want to settle for a rebound house.

No comments:

Post a Comment