Sunday, September 11, 2011

Jane--Joyful Noise Preschool 2011-12


After many tears, shouts of NO, cries of "I don't want to", and offers of bribery on our part.......
JANE GRACEN MARTENS has started preschool!!!
We were so thrilled when Jane came home from her preschool open house saying she LOVED it and would be willing to go back for the real deal on Friday. When she woke up that morning, I was sitting by her bed watching her, thinking how I can not believe my baby is old enough to start preschool. When she opened her eyes up, she smiled at me and softly said "this is my school day isn't it momma?" This girl brings me such JOY that my heart melts when she smiles. There is something about being the baby of the family......our third blessing......I knew her first day of school was going to bring some tears.
Jane dressed in her favorite skirt and shirt, wanted her hair done like the sisters' hair(ponytail) and wore her backpack to eat breakfast. We took a gazillion pictures and finally it was time.
We had a little snafu once we got to church as Jane wanted to take her beloved stuffed animal in with her. After finally convincing her that Curly would wait patiently for her in the car, we were off.
I love that our church has such a fantastic preschool. Both Tess and Kate have attended there, and it is the same area that the girls go to Sunday School each Sunday. Thankfully it is a familiar place to Jane, even if the concept of going to school isn't! I told Jane to lead us to her classroom and as you can see, she had left her worries at home and took off down the hall with her ladybug backpack bouncing.

After putting away her backpack, us taking more pictures, and me trying to hold on to the moment for as long as possible, it was time to go. I managed to get a hug and a kiss and it was back to playing with the toys along side her friends. Yes, I cried...and there was a thoughtful box of kleenex waiting for me on my desk at work. I waited all afternoon for a call from my sweet Janey to hear how her day had gone. Finally around 3pm my phone rang and I learned what had kept my darling so busy........

Preschool was exhausting. She had played hard, sang songs, went outside, and had cupcakes for a friend's birthday. Andy said she fell asleep on the way home from Preschool at noon and had just woken up before calling me. As I pulled into the driveway that evening I was greeted with her shouting " I loved it mom!" Music to my ears.

It is so funny how her going to school makes my heart feel so heavy but puts such a smile of JOY on my face.




No comments:

Post a Comment