Tess sang at church on Christmas Eve.
Holy crap, my kid is talented
People tell me she is talented and I smile and humbly say "thank you" when the whole time I want to shout.........
"I KNOW! She just makes me want to jump and scream with pride! Doesn't she have such stage presence and charisma and confidence?! And she is only 10!! Did you see her smile! Oh my goodness.... Isn't she beautiful? Would you believe I have to remind her to practice? Can you even believe that? I mean, she practices, but not as much as you would think.....Did you hear her? She sounds like she must practice hours a day, but nnooooooo, I assure you she does not...... I wish!(not really) What? yes, those are tears. I can't help it. She brings me such JOY when I see her in front of a crowd, performing, something she does with such ease. I am so proud of her. WE are so proud of her."
So yeah, Tess performed on Christmas Eve and was awesome.
At least that is what everybody told me........I was too busy holding my breath and praying and crying and smiling and running the camera.........I am nervous enough for the both of us.
So thankful she got the performance genes from Andy's side of the family and the beautiful smile from mine.
THIS IS MY BLOG AND I CAN TALK ABOUT WHATEVER I WANT! (no matter how gratuitous it may seem) MY KID IS FREAKING AMAZING AND THE WHOLE WORLD(at least the whole 6 of you that read this blog) NEEDS TO KNOW....even though all 6 of you have met Tess and already know she is such a cool kid.
The End.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I LOVE this! You should post video!! Always tell her how proud of her you are, no matter how she does or how she thinks she does, not that I think you won't, my parents just did this to me and I am SO grateful.
ReplyDeleteWelllll, if I could rewind my life, I very well could have written that "blog" - who even knew WHAT that was way back when.....about my son and daughter. They never seemed to amaze me. I rarely saw or heard them practice and when they would get up to perform, we were always just dumbfounded....wondering how, why, when....did they prepare so perfectly and perform so effortlessly???? I'm so proud of Tess....just wait....it gets better and better.
ReplyDelete