3. a money tree I made for a co-worker who is getting married. Andy and I are each thinking of getting re-married. It seems like a pretty financially lucrative idea.
4. Kate, Jane and I got to keep Amelia Rose this weekend(Andy and Tess were AWOL). FUN! She is still mesmerized by the circus that is our family.
5. Celebrated Mother's Day and My MIL's birthday yesterday with a family lunch. It was a beautiful day with lots of good food, great conversation, laughter, gifts, and relaxing on the deck. God is so good.
6. Friday night we went to watch our Bailey graduate from high school. Time flies. So proud of her and her success. Clearly her across the street neighbors had something to do with that success.
7. Jane finished her first year of preschool on Friday and was really irritated that "Pretty K" didn't start up today. Waiting all summer is going to be rough.
8. Today is the last full day of school for Kate and Tess. Kate had a field trip to Shatto Dairy, Tess had a day full of irritating her teacher, I guess. I have no idea what the teachers could possibly do today to entertain the kids. They just do not get paid enough. period.
9. Friday was an awards assembly for Tess and Kate. Kate got a reading award and a physical fitness award. She also got a Kindergarten diploma which she is pretty sure is legit. Tess got a reading award, a physical fitness award, and the coveted Academic Achievement Award(or was it called The Principal's Award?) for having ALL As FOR ALL FOUR QUARTERS. So proud of her.
10. We were driving in the car as a family, talking about something/someone when we hear Kate say "yeah, he's a real lame ass".....I guess you get the content of our discussion, right? So we had to do the discipline while trying not to laugh with yet another one of our children. It is their ability to use it in the correct context that just blows my mind. Such skill for their age. Turns out "wit" is hereditary, I guess.
11. The house is still for sale. Booooooooo.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment