This list of randomness may be short and sweet. We are busy, but doing what? I don't know. It is too hard for my brain to remember and I am too lazy to write it down.
1. This weekend we went to Des Moines to watch our Samantha play softball for Drake University. We sweated our nuts off but had a great time. We are crazy proud of Samantha and it was fun to see her and her team play well. Kind of embarassed that she is finishing her junior year and this is the first time we have made the trip. ((sigh))
2. On the way home from Des Moines we met a very friendly gentleman named TROOPER Christiansen. After Andy got his ticket and the window rolled up, Kate burst into tears. She was so scared and upset, "because I love you so much" and didn't want to see him get in trouble. I did not share those exact emotions..although I did find it funny that every time Kate could see the speedometer she would tell Andy "dad, you are crossing the speed limit again!"
3. We all got some variation of sunburn on Saturday. Thankfully we were diligent to keep sunscreen on the girls and put them under umbrellas for the second game. I always feel like such an idiot when I get a sunburn. I have had skin cancer for pete's sake! The girls pink-ness has already browned up, Andy and I still look a little rosy. Sunscreen really does work if you use it, as evidenced by the odd sunburn pattern on my arms and Andy's legs.
4. While we were watching our Samantha on Saturday, our Bailey was getting ready for her Senior Prom. Hate that we couldn't be in two places at the same time. I have seen some pictures and she looked beautiful, of course. I hope she had a fun time, haven't seen her long enough to ask. Love our Bailey. Geesh, we are going to miss her.
5. Thankful for another showing last Friday night. The buyer has been asking a lot of questions of our realtor, so fingers crossed and prayers lifted, please!
6. Signed Kate up for her first Acro class yesterday. As she was reading through the list of class options, her eyes lit up with excitement. Mine lit up with dollar signs. We decided to try one class this summer and maybe look into trying two classes this fall. cha-ching!
7. This week is Nurse's Week and Children's Mental Health Awareness Week. Since I am a nurse, and I make my living helping children with mental illness, I deserve double the gifts and acolades, right?
8. Jane-ism of the week:
We were all sitting at the dinner table when Jane says "wait for it.....wait for it...." and then lifts her rear off the seat sideways and farts. We were all so stunned that she thought maybe we didn't hear her, so SHE DID IT AGAIN. My three year old can fart on command.
Happy Monday!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment