Monday, July 30, 2012

It's the last Monday I will post while living in our house

The final countdown has begun until the Martens 5 move out of their beloved home of 11 years. We had the first little breakdown yesterday when we realized it was our "last Sunday" in the house. Today is the last Monday, tomorrow the last Tuesday......
We have so much left to pack, yet so much that has to wait until we are good and ready to not use it again for a couple days. So many things that you just don't think about having to pack, like the swim towels, and piano books, and the blender....
Every day this week we have to pack and move items. Every night this week we have something scheduled where we have to be physically present.
And then there are the Olympics to watch. This family is officially addicted. We watch all things Olympics and are loving it. I am thrilled at how invested the girls are in the games. They are learning about new sports they didn't even know existed, like women's handball and synchronized diving, and loved watching the uber serious(but really hard to take serious) table tennis, a.k.a. PING PONG.
I have yet to be able to stay awake late enough to hear the silky smooth man-ish voice of Mary Carillo on the late night coverage. But each night I try.....
This week is a big deal for The Martens 5.
We moved in on August 9, 2001 and we move out August 4, 2012.
Never in a million years would Andy and I have guessed we would live in this house for almost ELEVEN years. Turns out that was just the right amount of time.
I hope in 6 months I am blogging about "my last Monday post while living in the duplex"

No comments:

Post a Comment