Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Trying to avoid the obvious post about moving....

The girls attended Theatre Camp at NKCHS the last two weeks and performed in Winnie the Pooh. Kate got the lead role of Pooh and Tess was the Rabbit. So proud of how confident Kate became when she was given the challenge of memorizing multiple lines and several vocal solos! Tess being cast as the Rabbit was spot on for her personality. She also had to memorize multiple lines and did great. She didn't stay "in costume" for her picture because she had a basketball game to get to!
Outside of the theatre at NKCHS I saw this project created by some art students. They were tiny strips of fabric with the saying "I live in a world that needs......" and students filled in the blank. Most were all insightful, thoughtful words revolving around helping others. I was thrilled to see this one. This world DOES need Jesus. Amen.
We had one final sleep over this weekend before we move. Kate had two friends and Jane got to have her first ever sleep over with a friend. Tess's friends are coming a different night, they were all too busy for a spontaneous invitation! It was a great time. So thankful for parents that trust me with their children and for Andy, who took over when he got home the next morning, so I could get to work on time....a little more tired than usual...but on time.
This is my blog so I get to post whatever I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment