Monday, October 8, 2012

Girls Rule!

This Saturday the Martens girls had their first Girls Rule! party at the duplex. Of course they woke up at the crack of dawn ready to get the party started, 6:55 was the first time they came in to ask "can we start the movie now?" By 9:00 I was tired of saying no.....I cooked a big breakfast of pancakes, eggs, and bacon and it was finally time to get excited!

Order of events:
The Three Stooges movie
Craft: Decorate paper mache skulls and make handprint spiders
The Lorax movie
Craft: Make salt dough ghosts(let them bake 2hrs) and decorate witches hands
Katy Perry: A Part of Me movie
Craft: Make Q-tip skeletons
Eat Supper
Red Dog movie
Made mad dash, in a cold car(!) to local CVS to turn in Redbox movies before 9pm

Painting our salt dough ghosts.
Q-Tip Skeletons
Getting ready to watch movie #1
                                    
Decorating paper mache skulls with paint and glitter glue
Hand print spiders
This was the best Girls Rule party we have ever had. We also ate a ton of parade candy, drank pop, ate lunch and supper whenever it felt good and stayed in our pajamas the entire day! The girls thought this was hysterical that we even drove to CVS at 9pm in our pajamas and slippers to return the movies. Picture Tess standing outside the CVS returning Redbox movies in her bathrobe. Now picture the three of us in the warm car laughing at her. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh - that sounds like so much FUN! I wish I could have been there to see all of the activities. How blessed those girls are to have a momma that created such a fun day for them. I'm sure they will always remember how special you made them feel, and how loved they are.

    xoxo

    Mimi

    ReplyDelete