This gorgeous child of mine is in middle school. The 6th grade! So far, so good. We are slowly getting adjusted to getting up at the crack of dawn, 6:15! and getting her on the bus by 7:10. I have no idea what the winter months are going to be like..oh, wait. Yes, I do. They are going to be hell. It is way too dark at that time of morning!
School is going great. The first day she and the neighbor girls could not stop talking at a loud, high decibel, for a good hour. All of them thought reading the handbook the first day was boring, gross, and embarrassing. "They kept saying the word sexual! and there were boys sitting in the room!"
Exactly. Sexual is gross and embarrassing. Keep that in mind until you are 30.
Tess has only went to the wrong class once, and that was on the second day of school. She forgot if it was an A or B day. When I said that the teachers should have made that announcement first hour, she said "oh they did mom, I just totally screwed that one up on my own."
Praying for a successful school year, both academically and socially. Middle school is such a melting pot. Makes for a diverse set of friend possibilities. While I love this, I also worry about friend choices. I don't want her to have to exclude, but I also want her to be somewhat choosy about who she spends her time with. It really does matter at this age. "You become like the five people you spend the most time with. Choose wisely."




No comments:
Post a Comment