Friday, August 9, 2013

My Guys



Me, Ben, and Martin
It seems like yesterday that we were cruising down Main Street in Rock Port, drinking our pop and eating beer nuts....watching the clock for 10:30 so we could head to someone's house and watch Saturday Night Live.
WAIT.
It has been 20 years since we did that. Probably longer. These two boys men were my best friends in high school. Then a stupid boy (if you know me you know who this was) got in the way and we kind of drifted after high school. These guys were right.....I should have avoided the boy and stuck with hanging out with them.
Anyway.
Last fall I got sentimental and realized how much I missed them. I mean, they are MY PEOPLE. We laugh at the same things, we roll our eyes at the same things, we get-each-other.
They are my guys.
I contacted them each on Facebook and we finally made plans to hang out.
BEST NIGHT in a loooooong time. Haven't laughed that hard in ages. Felt so natural and like we hadn't been apart a day. It is great to be able to still be sarcastic and insulting to each other as adults.We all look and feel older(although Ben is waaaay skinnier)...but still had the same vibe we had in our teens.
It felt awesome. The next day it was like I had been hit by a truck. I had a  laughter hangover.
Shut up. I know I am old.

No comments:

Post a Comment