Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday Jane!

Two years ago, I only had two little girls living in my house. Well, that isn't exactly true. I had three, but just didn't know it yet! On this day, two years ago, I was as big as Shamu, I was probably watching Royals baseball (like I am right now) and I was anxiously awaiting the arrival of my Sweet Baby Jane/Sweet Baby Gus. :)

Two years ago I had no idea what life would be like with three kids, let alone with three GIRL kids! It turns out life is great. Life is amazing. Life is girly, and fun, and full of giggles and the color pink. My life is full of JOY because I have not one, not two, but three little girls that I love more than anything. Everybody asked me after I had Jane if we would keep trying for a boy. I always answered that we weren't trying for a boy anyway.....we were trying for three kids, and we got 'em! But this post is about Jane.........poor kid never seems to get anything just to herself.

In Tess and Kate's last birthday posts, I wrote their birthday # of things I love about them. Well if you've met Jane, you know that there are waaaaay more than just 2 things to love about her, and to only put 2 would just be kinda rude, don't you think?

The (In)Complete List of things we love about Jane (with help from her daddy, who is sitting beside me)
-Her extreme cheesy smile, not to be confused with her smile that is nothing but pure sweetness. Whichever one you ask for, you will undoubtedly get the other.
-Her use of the word "NO" as the answer to most questions, even when you know she meant to say "yes"
-When you say "Shake your booty Jane" and she does.....with vigor
-Her long winded answers to questions, with only one or two actual words from the English language included
-She gives out hugs and kisses at her convenience
-She can hang with the big girls and not get kicked out of the room
-Some days she is a total momma's girl. Other days she is all about the daddy
-She loves her papas.
-She named the grandmas something completely original. They are the Omas.
-She calls Kate "Sissy" but Tess is "Tess"
-When she is looking for something/someone she calls out "__________, where are you?"
-When she walks/runs, she involves her entire body.....swinging her elbows and working the hips....picture an overly enthusiastic mall walker.
-She works a crowd for laughs, and if they aren't to her satisfaction, she cranks the entertainment up a notch. She is seriously the funniest kid I know.

Happy 2nd Birthday Jane Gracen Martens. You have completed our family in more ways than you will ever know. Thank you for bringing such JOY to our lives.

Love,
THE Mayor and City Manager

No comments:

Post a Comment