Thursday, January 27, 2011

Really?

I wrote this a couple of days ago, but forgot to post it........

Last night I saw that there is yet another attempt to repeal the motorcycle helmet law in the Missouri senate right now.
Really?

They interviewed a dude from the "Freedom Riders" club/association/group who brought up the following thought provoking statements in promotion of the law being repealed.
-Wearing a helmet takes away from his "one-ness with nature" and the freedom of feeling the air on his head as he rides.
I wonder how his head will feel when it experiences one-ness with the pavement?
-Helmets are hot.
Noted. I can't rebuke that fact. I guess, suck it up or ride on cooler days.
-It isn't helmets that save riders lives, it is being a careful and skilled rider that will save his life.
So what about all the poorly skilled riders that think they are good and skilled riders.....or what about all the poorly skilled drivers that will be sharing the road with you?
-Helmets are just like seat belts in the fact that sometimes they can cause more damage in an accident than good.
Riiiight. I'm pretty sure that your usage of the word sometimes is the equivilent to a percentage rate with a decimal point followed by a lot of zeros.
-The segment ended with him saying that having a helmet law "basically takes away my rights and freedoms as an American"
You know what? He's right. I am fine with them making a no helmet law as long as they make it a law that everyone who gets a motorcycle license automatically is enrolled as an organ donor.






No comments:

Post a Comment