Thursday, January 27, 2011

Where's Kate?

Lastnight Kate came into our room asking to sleep with us because she had a bad dream. I am a big advocate of encouraging kids to face their fears, realize that it was only a dream, and go back to their own beds.
Kate was not into my teaching moment, so I offered to let Andy go sleep with her. I wasn't feeling well and didn't want to toss and turn in her bed. Andy can sleep through just about anything, so Andy won. Around 5am I heard Jane coughing and wanted her to have a drink of water. By this time, my eye was swollen/matted shut and I felt like complete poop. I could barely see, let alone get a drink of water to Jane without totally waking her up, so I went in and asked Andy to do it. When I went in to T&K's room, I found Tess and Andy, but NO KATE!
with Andy helping Jane, I started looking for Kate. I checked the couches, the other side of our bed, her old bed that is still up in Jane's room......no Kate. For some reason Andy decided to look under T&K's bunk beds...and this is what we found.
(Please note this is a re-enactment...I did not even have the thought of taking pictures at 5am)

Kate was curled up in the last tub on the left. ASLEEP.

This is what she looked like when we pulled her out from under the bed.
She said she went for this option because HER DAD'S SNORING WAS SO LOUD.
Kate and I both agreed that sleeping alone after a bad dream was better than having to listen to that noise.


No comments:

Post a Comment