I have three mother moments I need to share about my eldest.
Tess was chosen as this month's example of "Trustworthiness" for Hawthorne Elementary. She, along with other kids selected for this award, gets her picture taken and displayed in the school and for the Kearney Courier. Cool.
Drama club tryouts began the middle of last month. Tess had chosen the part of Snow White to focus on, because it had a vocal solo. She did a preliminary tryout and thought she did well. The next week SHE WENT TO THE ORTHODONTIST and had second round tryouts after school. She came home upset because she couldn't "sing right" or "talk right" or control her spit......
Last week the cast roles were assigned. She got the part of "Granny" in a play called "The Granny Awards". It is a medium sized speaking part, and she is pretty excited. I was so proud that the teachers trusted her to work around the metal in her mouth in order to put on a good performance. She gets her performance genes from the Martens family, and for that I am grateful. I know she will do great. She did try to act disappointed in her new wardrobe requirements though....she went from trying out for a princess part to being a Granny. I see silver hair spray paint in our future!
The last brag is still a bit confusing to me, but I'm gonna share it anyway. Remember Tess's YouTube video competition? I received an email yesterday from the sponsors announcing the winners.
NO Tess didn't win a cash prize........I don't have to come up with any money.
But, it did say she was chosen as a semi-finalist, and her name was listed as one of the top 20.....It then went on to say that there were 228 entries from the United States and Canada. I don't know if that means there were 228 kids her age, or 228 total entries. Either way, her name was listed in an email as a SEMI-FINALIST for a singing competition and I am one proud momma.
She brings me such JOY.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment