We've been (unsuccessfully) trying to potty train Jane for about a month now. She really doesn't want much to do with this plan, so we are being pretty casual about it.
Last week Kate got Jane to use the toliet. I came up the stairs and heard Kate saying "Jane, you gotta lay down so I can get your diaper off" then "come on, get up there" then "Mom, Jane peed!"
They both got the M&Ms they deserved.
More recently Jane has started letting us know when she wets her diaper, or poops in her diaper.....mostly because she is starting to realize it feels gross. She will start to waddle like a penguin and say "I need a new diaper pease." The good news is that she is becoming aware of her bodily functions and that is half the battle, right?
This morning I went in to wake her up and get her dressed for the day. She had been sound asleep when I went in to the room and started making noise finding clothes in her closet. She sat up, hair a mess, eyes half open.....she looked like she had been on an all night bender........when I hear "Ah, mom(said like Oh maaaaan).....I smell like my poop!" spoken with great disdain/disgust at herself for pooping in her pants while she was asleep.
Classic.
Maybe you had to be there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment