Had three holy moments today at work.
The first one almost went by un-noticed. I had my Ipod playing softly in the background and a client asks "Is that K-Love?"
When I said it was my Ipod, the conversation quickly turned to Christian music, then Winter Jam.....cool.
Second client, a teenager, hears the Ipod playing and says "what is that song? I can barely hear it." When I said it was Casting Crowns, she said "oh I love them. I saw them in concert at Kemper."
totally cool, because I did not expect that from this young girl.
Third time was a "shame on you, Sarah" God moment. When I started this job last summer, I met a young client that I thought was a horrible, young man. I'm not kidding. I even said to my doctor after this boy left the office,"blech, that was a horrible young man." Long story short, this kid was removed from his mother's care(he had commited enough juvenile crimes) and was sent to Watkins Mill DYS facility. He has been there for several months, away from his mother, and let me tell you ...I owe that young man an apology.
He came into the office today and my goodness, what a difference a mother can make! A few months away from a bad parent and that horrible young man was pleasant, funny, respectful, smiling, and a total delight to visit with.
The first God moment almost went un-noticed, until the second God moment made me go hmmmmm, and then the third one just made me smile.
God is SO Good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment