This past Saturday was the Ladies Spring Tea at our church. My mother, Tess, Kate, and I attended in our fancy clothes. Actually mom and I looked terribly under-dressed in our regular church clothes....the girls were wearing flower girl dresses that we now use for playing dress up. There was a program about vintage wedding dresses that was very well done and interesting....although Kate and Tess did a lot of asking "how much longer?" We drank tea, ate little finger sandwiches, fruit, and wedding cake. I found myself saying "eat smaller bites!" "get your elbows off the table" "don't spill that" and "use your napkin not your dress" waaaaay too many times. I don't offer many fancy opportunities, so I don't know why I magically expected my children to know the rules.
My dress was displayed, not because it was vintage, but because one of the organizers of the event was the lady who made it! :) It was fun watching people look at it on display and make comments (all positive, I think) but I have to admit I wanted to shout "Don't touch!" when people got too handsy with it.
(check out the jealous sister's face)

No comments:
Post a Comment