Sociology and watching how people act in society has always interested me. I know we all people watch, but have you ever really noticed how people interact?
I have three girls, and there are three different personalities forming right before my eyes.
We have had several social gatherings the last few weeks, several family reunion gatherings, church activities, etc. so I have had plenty of time to watch and learn about my girls.
Tess walks into a room assuming that people are going to want to know her, so she had better put herself out there to be met. She constantly adjusts herself to fit whatever the situation is in the room. She doesn't know a stranger, loves to make connections, and if not watched carefully, she will take over the job of the hostess, even if it isn't her party.
Kate enters a room wanting to meet everyone, but not sure where to start. If someone comes up and introduces themselves and invites her to join, she's good. She acts shy, but loves to be asked to join group. What I love about this girl is if she isn't interested in the situation of the room, she just makes her own. She is totally comfortable being a "party of one" and I am so proud of that. THAT takes guts.
And then there is sweet baby Jane. My sweet delicate girl. Jane walks into a party, will walk right over to the first person she sees and say "Hey! Do you have a snack? I am Hun-gry!" She loves to join whatever the activity is, as long as it doesn't mean she has to sit still. She is the follower that will call out the leader if she suspects shenanigans. If she doesn't like the situation she will stop, cross her arms over her body, scrunch up her face and that is IT....game over.
All unique, all make me proud, yet some characteristics have the potential to be a problem. The cool part is I see a little bit of my own personality in each of them. I can't wait to review this in several years and see if each description still fits.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment