Saturday, May 28, 2011

Winning!

Last Thursday was the Awards Assembly for 3rd-5th grades at Hawthorne Elementary. We have always been very proud of the awards Tess has brought home in the past 3 years, but this year we are super duper ginormous big time proud.
Tess was presented with a Library Award(she is a total library mouse and enjoys the dewey decimal system) a Language Arts Award(for overall goodness at the English language, I guess) The President's Physical Fitness Award (with Obama's signature!) and.....drumroll please.......

The Principal's Award for having all A's all four quarters!!!!!

Third grade is the first year the teacher's actually record a letter grade for assignments and report cards. Tess worked hardest to keep that math grade at an "A", the rest were much easier.There weren't many kids that earned this award and accompanying medal, and I have challenged Tess to remember the feeling of receiving this award each time she wants to scream when I mention doing some math facts.
SO proud of this girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment