Sunday, January 15, 2012

I Resolve....

It's only a few days late and I can't think that fast right after the holidays........

1. I have finally figured out that I am the weakest link when our family is late getting out the door. I used to blame in on the kid(s) and trying to get everyone ready. Well, I still do blame our habitual late arrivals on my children, but there are PLENTY of times when they haven't been involved, or even home, and I am still squealing my tires to the event. Rarely are we actually late, late, but we are on time or fashionably late by 5ish minutes or so. NOT COOL. I've decided on the main reason I can't get out the door. Typically I am late because I can't not multi-task. I seem to always find one-more-thing that I want to try and get done. I need to just stop, focus on getting us out the door, and remember that it will still be waiting for me when I get home. Either that, or I could get up earlier/start getting ready earlier but that seems like a total drag.

2.We started regularly exercising back in October and I want to continue that into the new year. From someone who hates to exercise, this is a stellar accomplishment....the fact that we are still exercising most nights. Is it normal to be hungry all the freaking time? Most days I could eat anything that isn't nailed down. Seriously. So, that should probably be my next resolution, right? Stop eating so stinking much and try to eat healtier....blah blah blah, I'm trying. I don't notice that my weight is changing much, but I can say that my clothes fit better. I have serious doubts that I will ever have a flat stomach, but I'd settle for some killer arms and legs.

3. Start getting involved as an aunt. We got our first niece this year and she is getting old enough to spoil. This is where I come in. I am seriously hoping to get to keep Amelia overnight next month, if I can pry her out of her mom and dad's arms. I vaguely remember all the "We'll babysit!" offers we got from everyone before we had Tess that never happened. So, I have said all along that I want to babysit this girl and I mean it! Kate told me I should be pretty good at keeping a baby overnight, because I've gotten to practice three times. My plan is to schedule frequent Girl's Rule parties at our house for many years to come.

4. De-clutter and make the most of the space we have. We are hoping to be in a new house this year, God willing, and I totally do not want to take tons of junk with us.

5. This has got to be our year of financially smart saving and spending. We have been working hard to pay off every little cent owed. For the first time in our married life we have actually paid off a vehicle! Feels good to be without debt. Don't get me wrong, we still have the necessary debt(mortgage, car, school loan, orthodontist ) but the extra stuff is gettin' paid.

6. Build better relationships with my family. More date nights with my man, more playing with my girls, less worrying about stupid things that don't matter, more energy towards the things that do.....

7.Blog more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment