Monday, October 12, 2009

If I Were a Rich (Wo)man

So I went to the grocery store in town today. I don't normally shop there as the amount of groceries I buy would easily cost a bazillion dollars.
I don't have a bazillion dollars.
That is why what happened at the grocery store was so funny.

Does anyone else stretch their paycheck farther than it was ever meant to stretch? If you don't, then quit reading, because you will not get anything from this post.
If you do, then read on, my friend....this post's for you!

I paid with my debit card, and as the receipt was printing, the screen said:

APPROVED!
CONGRATULATIONS!

At first I thought "good grief"......that is pathetic. This machine is actually congratulating me for using a valid form of payment.
Then I realized that my good grief thought was followed by a little mental sigh of relief......and then a smile.
A self esteem boost where I least expected it!

It's been a looooong two weeks.
Sarah

FYI: It was Big V Country Mart if anyone else is looking for a midweek pick-me-up! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment