Monday, October 12, 2009

Kate the GREAT!

My baby had a cavity. A teeny, tiny, ever so small spot on her tooth that was found last week at her first ever dentist appointment.
Today, we went to get the work done. I had really downplayed the appointment. Maybe mentioned it once or twice, and simply said that the dentist was going to "fix that spot on your tooth." I had a worry deep down that she might freak out....but just didn't know.

Turns out she just needed me for the ride.

Kate said cheerful hellos to everyone, climbed up in the big chair, and let them get to work while she watched cartoons on Boomerang. Oh, how I wished I had my camera! Here was my little girl doing what many adults can't do! She was totally relaxed, with kid-sized protective glasses on(cute!) and two large adults leaning over her with 4 separate instruments working in her little mouth. Not a complaint, not a tear, not even a flinch!

We went for a well deserved Sonic chocolate shake afterwards. Honestly, I was so high on pride that I probably would have bought her a new car if she'd asked!

No comments:

Post a Comment