Monday, January 4, 2010

I love the Midwest

I love this weather. I really, really do. This kind of snowfall reminds me of when I was a kid living in Northwest Missouri (aka The Black Hole of weather). Today I was driving home from Wal-mart (aka The Black Hole of money) and was reminded why I love this time of year. The aqua blue sky, bare brown trees, and the sunshine making the snow sparkle on the hillsides that were polka dotted with herds of black cows. Can you picture it?
With that being said, I really, really miss my yard looking like this........and the warm sun, and the color green.


Another winter funny to share about my youngest. Once again, she is drowning in her own snot. Today I caught her making a snot bubble with her nose. When I saw her she was watching it down the bridge of her nose, slowly breathing in and out to make it get bigger and then smaller.
And she's only 18months old......I am so proud.

2 comments:

  1. Give my compliments to the mower of this lawn, please. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snot bubble at 18 months.. ha! Kids are funny like that.

    I grew up in Northeast Missouri, where every day you could hear an old person muttering.. "crazy Missouri weather...

    Stay warm!

    Sylvia
    PS- I love aqua poppy designs for blog backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete