I love my girls. Seriously. And I'm not just saying it because I have to.....
Tonight we ordered pizza(a rare treat) and ate it in the family room...on the new carpet(another rare treat, don't tell Andy!) and watched RAW ANATOMY on the National Geographic channel.
This is a show that dissects animals that have died for unknown reasons, for the purpose of education and research. Totally cool stuff. We watched as they peeled back skin, cut through bone, pulled out small and large intestines and went through the undigested food, explained the heart, lungs, stomach, brain, muscles and ligaments. They even discuss how the animal has evolved and adapted through the years to the structure that it is now. Did you know that whales used to have hind legs? They actually showed the residual hind legs that the whale has tucked up in its blubbler. Anyhoooo..
Such a great experience and learning/teaching opportunity for both the girls and me. When they would pull out an organ etc. I'd ask the girls to point to where their similar "part" is. Did I mention I have some crazy smart girls? I asked them at the beginning if they minded we watched the dissection while we ate, thinking it might gross them out. Nope. They were cool with it.
Wow, cool and smart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment