Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Hooray for today!

Today is turning out to be a great day. Yes, there are clouds in the sky. Yes, I have a sore ear and a stuffed up nose. Yes, I really need to go to the grocery store because the cupboards are bare....... However, today for the first time in a long time(maybe ever!) I have a valid, totally legit reason to slack off.

MY DRYER IS BROKEN and I am waiting on the repairman to show up. Do you have any idea how liberating it is to know that not only do I not want to do laundry today, but I CAN'T do laundry today. I can walk by the piles of clothes totally guilt free.

So far today I have checked email, paid bills, played with 2 lovely little girls, shopped online for a new camera, watched Dora the Explorer, and now I am enjoying some guilt free blogging time.
I just recently realized (you're going to question my IQ after reading this) that even though I don't work at a paying job as many days per week as Andy does, I actually work just as many days(and probably more hours total) than him! I jokingly refer to my family/home life as my small business with 4 employees......that isn't far from the truth. A lot goes into making this house and our family function at an average (I strive for above average and fail most days!) level of performance. Luckily I do love being "the Mom" and even though I would love a little more thanks/appreciation/lavish gifts out of gratitude, I have a pretty sweet deal here, and I know it.

The repairman is supposed to arrive between 12p and 2p....so my time is limited.
The Mayor has an attitude of Gratitude today.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah........you may be right about the actual hours WORKED, but I think I've got you beat on the HOURS worked. I may be reclined or sleeping but it is still work.........

    Love, the city manager.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the key word is still "work"
    Don't make me fire you for insubordination.
    THE Mayor

    ReplyDelete