Friday, March 26, 2010

It's a Great Day to be Alive

That Travis Tritt song kept playing in my head today as I ran errands. Beautiful weather (thank you Jesus for the sunshine today!) fun errands, and it's Friday! This year in particular I've needed Spring to show up....sooner than later. The blah wintery months were sucking the JOY from my life. With spring comes new things...in the yard, on our social calendar, and in our closets! :)

Our yard is getting green, we've got new flowers already starting to sprout, the kids are outside every evening, and dinner time is getting later and later........hooray for warm weather! Isn't it fun to drag the flip flops out of the closet and start thinking about what color of flowers to plant this spring? Kate and I have already started talking about our color scheme for this year.

I also love that our calendar is getting filled up with activites...end of school stuff, softball x 2 girls, Royals baseball, church camp, swim lessons for both girls, Bible school, Vacations = JOY. Plan on lots of blog posts about our fun summer activities....that is IF I have time to sit down and type!

I love shopping for spring clothes....for the girls especially, and sometimes for myself too. With 3 girls, it is pretty easy to get stuck in a rut with hand-me-downs for Kate and Jane. I could buy a yacht with the money I would save if I could just not buy so much for the girls, but walking through the little girl stuff is torture....in a fun, brightly colored, usually embellished, girly way.
Today mom and I were on a mission to find the perfect Easter dress. Not for my kids, my girls already have Palm Sunday and Easter dresses, but for my friend's 4 month old daughter M'Brace. Baby M'Brace needs an Easter dress whether her parents know it or not. And who better to shop for a first Easter dress, than the woman with 3 girls and lots of dress shopping experience?! In other words I said "does M'Brace have an Easter dress?" "No? Well, she will now."

I came home with two dresses.

Tonight we celebrate my father-in-law's birthday with a family party....should be a great time. Happy Birthday Pops! The Mayor loves ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment