oooohhhh I'm frustrated. It has been one of those days.
I'm starting to get a throat "thing" and the Easter Cantata is this weekend. Did I mention I'm the narrator? So last night I use my "liquid crack" to help my cold symptoms/induce coma like sleep, and I wake up feeling worse. Not typical results, mind you. I think I've gotten a hold of some bad crack. (It's liquid Tylenol Cold, cool mint burst......usually works like a charm)
Next, my house is dirty. Most of the clutter is picked up, but it is dirty. In other words, "your tetnus shot had better be up to date if you come over" dirty. AND it is muggy outside, so everything feels sticky and dirty. Oh wait, that might be legitimate sticky, not weather related sticky......did I mention my house is DIRTY?!
The last couple of weeks have challenged me emotionally and mentally. Not that there have been any life changing events, just things have come to a point that drew my attention. Enough of my attention to want to ask....WHAT THE ?????? Have you ever had a situation you thought was one way and it turns out the other party had an opposite perception? I'm not on Mars....this happens to other people right? After a while it makes me start to question my viewpoint. Maybe I'm the one that is wrong?! gasp.
I am blessed to have a strong sounding board to bounce ideas off of....his name is Andy. Even though we don't see things exactly the same, and sometimes not at all the same.....what we do agree on is we are equals in this marriage. If I am mad, he's gonna know about it....but not because I'm slamming things and not talking......quite the opposite. I USE MY WORDS. And Thank you Jesus, so does he. We also know that it's a lot easier to solve a conflict by not ignoring it.
Andy and I have recently adopted the motto "Same Team!" Have you ever been at a basketball game and seen two players, from the same team, both go up for a rebound and accidently work against each other to get the ball. The crowd/coaches yell "Same Team! Same Team!" to tell the players....stop working against each other--your team has gotten the ball --now work together! Sometimes Andy and I are both so focused on winning one for our team, we forget that we are on the same team. We have had several really really good discussions in the last few weeks that we are going to file away in our brains and pull out again later.....waaaaay later when we are old and gray. I LOVE when we are able to talk our way through a problem and learn something that we can store away and use in the future....
It's as if we are one step closer to having it ALL figured out.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Seriously, I'm still frustrated, but I love my husband, I love my really good and amazing kids......and I just saw that my 16yr old Bailey posted "Anything is possible with God!" on facebook.
Amen to that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

All I have to say is that I get the baggy shorts and you get the short ones :}
ReplyDeleteI LOVE YOU!!!!!
I thought you would want us to be the "skins" team.....haha...no worse than seeing me in short shorts.
ReplyDelete