long time, no blog posts.
It isn't because I haven't tried. I have a small bit of envy for those that blog daily and actually have something worthwhile to say. Turns out that isn't my style. So I guess I will just catch everyone up on the stuff that is our life.
The girls are great. Allergies are kicking our rears, but we are maintaining. Tess did not have one cold this winter when she usually had 3-4 easily. She is having moderate problems now due to the crazy high pollen count....but who isn't. The real change is that she can blow her nose and something actually comes out. That is a surgical Victory with a capital V!! Tess has a piano recital on May 2nd at the church. We would love a big audience, so feel free to come listen.
I cut Jane's curls off in the back. She has a cute little bobbed haircut. Makes her really look like a little Tess. She has more words every day and wants to be outside from sun up to sun down.
Kate is such a good little helper. Even on days when chores are the main event, she helps me without complaint. I always try and give her something that seems like a big deal, and she typically carries it out with gusto. She starts T-ball next week and is ready to swing for the fence....she wants a home run every at bat. Such a daddy's girl.
We had a scare last week with Andy's mom. A suspicious spot was found on a mammogram, she had a simple OP surgery, and the results came back as cancer. Thankfully, the cancer is very very early and very very treatable. She will have another surgery and some radiation...but the big picture is very positive, and for that we are thankful. God is good.
Andy and I are busy outside in our never-ending quest to make our yard an outdoor sanctuary. I sometimes wonder if all the work is worth it, especially when the July/August sun is scorching everything in the backyard....but for the early summer and fall months our yard typically looks beautiful and brings us great JOY. I am so thankful to have a husband that takes pride in our yard. It makes me so proud that all the neighbor kids want to come play in OUR yard because even in the heat of summer it is still soft and green.
My job has hit an all time low this month. We have several challenging patients that are wearing me slick...emotionally, mentally, and physically. It has been rough, and a job change is sounding really good. I took this job to be an acute care psychiatric nurse and my job description has changed to adult day care worker. I miss my crazy people. Not that the patients I take care of daily don't have a mental illness, because for the most part they do, that's why they are there. I just miss the see 'em, fix 'em amd send 'em type of treatment style.
Andy's job is weird right now. That isn't the best adjective, but it somehow describes the situation. The fire department is in the middle of WW3 with the board of directors over health insurance. Everyone's premiums went up, but the families are the only ones going to pay more. The single people will still get 100% of their insurance paid for, while family coverage pays an increase for theirs and absorbs the single coverage's increase too. It's turned ugly, and the Union is ready to tussle. In other words, the firefighters have been instructed to not do ANYTHING extra that is not in their job description....i.e. school visits, car seat inspections/installations, teach EMT classes, public appearances, mow the yard......which is going to kill Andy. The fire department yard is his baby. I'm not kidding. It appears the Board members have lost their minds. The Kearney Fire Department has always been a VERY FAMILY oriented department. This is such an insult to the guys, and even though it has money at the core, it is heart-warming to see these guys fight for their families. I've always called the Union a mafia, and I'm pretty sure Cousin Guido is gettin' involved, if ya know what I mean.
Speaking of my man, I don't talk about him much and I don't really know why. He is such an integral part of my life that he should get a shout-out from me every day. I really should dedicate an entire post to him. Hmmmmmm........more on that later. Jane is running around naked, which usually goes bad quickly.
Time to start our day. I think we're headed to the park.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Wow - that was a fantastic update, Seester. It sounds like change is in the air...here's to embracing it!
ReplyDeleteLove you!!!