Saturday, April 24, 2010

O-M-Goodness

The hubby and I had date night lastnight. Yipee! I'll spare you the details(we shopped for deck furniture people, get your minds out of the gutter!) but one thing deserves to be passed along.
We rented the movie "Brothers"
It was "oh my great goodness" good.
I highly recommend it, but only if you have a lot of kleenex and can handle an emotional rollercoaster.
I personally do not enjoy regular rollercoasters, but emotional ones, bring it on.
This movie is about a husband who goes to Afghanistan, gets shot down in his helicopter, and is presumed dead. His family back home(a wife, two daughters, his parents and his brother) move on with their lives. Well, he is rescued, comes home and finds his family somewhat "happy" and he is suffering tremendously from PTSD. The acting is award worthy and the story line is so much more than it was advertised for. As Andy put it..."this movie was advertised as a dude comes back from the war to learn that his brother has been doin' his wife."
If only it were that simple.
This movie was a-mazing......a total must-see.
rent it.
NOW!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment