I just watched a segment on the Today show about a married mother of a one year old that ran off with her boyfriend......she "went shopping" but forgot to come home.....for several days. A missing person alert was sent out and police say they spent over $5000 on a nationwide search.
The woman was found, in Miami, with her also married boyfriend, and they are now reporting they are in love and want to stay together.
WHY IS THIS NEWS?
Why is it news that a woman made a bad decision, scared the daylights out of her family, but is sticking by her decision to not return to her husband and daughter. Is it a sad story? yes, for the family I feel sympathy.....but has anyone thought that maybe they are better off? Not right now in the minute....but in the long run?
I ask this only because this happened in our family about 20 something years ago. My uncle was a young college student when his girlfriend got pregnant with my cousin. They got married, tried the happy family thing, but ultimately the mom ran off with a boyfriend and abandoned my uncle and his toddler son. Nic was raised by my uncle and my grandparents from his toddler years to high school, when my uncle married my amazing aunt Pam. Just because you give birth to someone does not make you a mother. Nic's mom was better off for leaving and our family was better off for having her gone. While I am thankful that Nic still has a relationship with his mom, he has become an incredible young man that was raised by a father that wanted to be there(most of the time, right Ron? haha) and that made all the difference.
Time to get off my soap box.
Now here is some real news......
I just gave Jane a granola bar, she said "thank you" and I said "you're welcome...I love you!" and she said "I LOVE YOU!" back to me......the first time ever she has said that back to me.....
WHERE ARE THE NEWS CAMERAS WHEN YOU NEED THEM!??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment