I love my girls. They are so crazy cool. Here are some updates about each one of them that are long overdue.
We'll go in reverse order for a change......
Jane Gracen will be two years old in less than a month. Wow. She is the entertainer, the family clown, the one that was born to make us laugh......a lot. Her vocabulary is growing to include sentences, and most of the time we can figure out what she wants. I am proud to announce that she knows how to say "thank you" and uses it generously to show her gratitude. She loves to dance and when we say "shake your booty Jane" she dances as if her life depended on it. Playing outside, riding her bike, swinging in her swing, watching 'toons(cartoons) especially Dora and Scooby Doo are a few of her favorite things right now. She still loves her papas(grandpas) the best, but will snuggle with her oomas(grandmas) if they aren't in sight. When we can't find something/someone she shouts _______, where are you? When she runs she involves her entire body and has recently decided that she loves to march and pump her right arm up and down like she is a drum major leading a band. Wonder where that idea came from? Hugs and kisses are given out when she has time, and she loves to clap for her sisters when they are playing ball. Likes to say NO/NO WAY, Yes peas, and Tink You. She also says Oh Man, when she is disappointed. I could go on and on and on.....but will just save it for a birthday post next month.
Kate Sinclaire is 4 1/2 and has really matured this year. She is more confident and can hang with big kids without being a total fun wrecker....much to the pleasure/horror of her big sister. She loved preschool and loves to remind people that she is now in "Pre-K" She is looking forward to being able to have playdates with her friends this summer, something she is always so jealous of Tess getting to do. This summer she is playing blast ball, which is the precursor to t-ball. She takes each game seriously, and swings for the fence with each at bat. She LOVES to wear her ball uniform. This summer she will be taking swimming lessons for the first time, and is already "practicing" in the bath tub and when we go to the pool. This will be her second year attending VBS, and I can't wait to hear her sing the songs and bring home her handmade projects that she is so proud of. Kate's emotions are still my favorite characteristic, as they can go from mad to happy, scared to courageous, silly to serious in seconds. Her facial expressions can make my heart sing and then weep in just as little time. I love her big blue eyes that can look right into my heart. When I need a helper I know I can count on her. She manages to make even the most dreaded household chores bearable and I love her company while we work. Her laugh is infectious and she makes us laugh without even trying. Just Kate being Kate makes us smile.
Brogan Tess is my almost 9 year old. I still can not even believe I am old enough to have a kid her age. She had a great year in second grade, and we are so proud of her grades, end of school awards, and how much she learned. I am so thankful that she is so adaptable and is able to make any situation work. She makes friends easily and for that I am so proud. This summer she is in piano lessons, playing softball, taking swim lessons, going to overnight church camp, and attending VBS. In between these activites I have sworn that I would be better at scheduling playdates/overnights with her friends. I love that she reads because it is fun, and her favorite television to watch is the Discovery channel and Nat Geo. I love how she looks, and acts like me, but is built tall and lanky like her dad. Our personalities are so similar that we are in for some rocky teenage years, I'm sure. When I listen to her talk, I can just hear how her mind is working/thinking and feel such a connection with her soul. Someday I hope she will be okay with how much like her mother she really is. Tess brings me so much joy it brings tears to my eyes.
Stupid blog site still isn't letting me upload pictures. That would have been a totally cool way to end this post. You'll just have to use your imagination.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment