Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Update on Being Upright

Status Report:
One week ago I did nothing and injured my back.
I limped, cringed, cried, shuffled, hobbled, and medicated my way through an entire week of back and leg pain. Television, reading books, and taking naps kept me "busy" and I had to miss out on several activities with the kids because I just couldn't sit, walk, or stand for long periods of time.

My last day of work had to be postponed, (which is ironic because I was both excited about it and dreading it at the same time) until tomorrow, July 1st. Now I get to be excited and sad all over again. My doctor thinks I might have done some injury to my previously bulging lumbar discs, so I had an MRI done yesterday to find out for sure. I have a weird sense that nothing will have changed, but yet this injury is by far the worst back pain I have ever had. Does that just further clarify the obvious that I am getting older and need to start taking better care of myself?

Now it's one week post injury and I am without the intense, pee my pants/fall on my face/almost pass out muscle spasms and I can move without looking like a robot. Mornings are best because my back is rested and ready to start the day. By noon I start to feel some pain and tightness which means it is time to sit and chill out for a while. I am planning on going into work tomorrow and making it the full 8 hours. We'll see how it goes.

My sincere thanks to everyone that have offered to help me and/or said a prayer for me, and my family. My husband and children have been amazing. I know I have totally worn out the "mom's hurt" card.

No comments:

Post a Comment