Saturday, June 26, 2010

Where to begin....

I am so far behind in blogging I don't think I can ever truly catch up. I guess I will just spill out some thoughts and hope they make sense.
In no specific order.....
-Currently I am handicapped by a bum back. If anyone knows of a good surgeon that amputates or transplants lumbar spines, CALL ME. I have had problems for years, and after 3 pregnancies, the pain just never fully went away. I can honestly say that I have back pain every day. Not the oh-my-goodness kind of pain that I have now, but aches and pains. On Tuesday I cleaned the kitchen and bathroom floors, sat down to talk to my mother on the phone, and when I tried to stand up I nearly fell down. The pain in my back has lasted waaaaay longer than usual and actually warranted a trip to the doctor. He started me on steroids to decrease inflammation, pain meds, and ordered a MRI for Tuesday. He is afraid the bulging discs, that I knew I had, have ruptured. Great news, right? So I am slowly starting to walk without using Andy as a crutch, and can stay upright for a few hours at a time. But want to know the REAL reason this is so painful?

This Friday and Saturday were supposed to have been my last two days working for the State of Missouri. Yep, you heard me....I gave my resignation two weeks ago and was planning on partying it up with my co-workers on Thursday evening and Friday. But NOOOOO, I had to hurt my back and be the loser that called in sick on her last two days of work. So embarrassing!!!
I still haven't figured out when I will be able to go back and see everybody and pick up my stuff....It is such a long walk from the parking lot to the unit, and Andy isn't allowed in the patient care areas, so no walking help! I can't decide if I want to just go in and say goodbye or try and work next Friday to make up for bailing on them this week. My back will be the deciding factor. The steroids do seem to be helping some.....
more on the new job in another post.

What else......Both girls are having a great time playing t-ball/softball and it is bringing our family such JOY to watch them. Kate's games are comical and it is fun to see their excitement as they hit the ball and run to first base. The kids are just so darn excited to be playing like "big kids" especially since most of them have older siblings that play ball. Tess's games are such fun. I am so proud of how much she has learned, and how she enjoys being on a team. The girls played in a tournament last weekend and did pretty good. They were one of the only teams that isn't a "competitive" tournament team. And when I describe a team as being competitive I'm saying they play year round, have many followers and the crowd all wears matching outfits to show their support....down to the same tennis shoes in the team colors! Tess got a hit every at-bat, and even caught a ball in the air to tag a girl out. May not sound like much, but this proud mama stood up and shouted "way to go BROGAN" (that's the name I use when I want her attention)

Jane had her 2 year pics taken this week. They went WAAAAY better than her 1 year pictures from that discount chain superstore that startes with a Wal and ends with a Mart. She was a total ham and we got some super sweet smiles. She is such a Martens girl. I'm starting to wonder if she is mine.

Tess leaves for church camp on Monday. This is her first time spending 2 nights away in a non-family/friend place. She will be going to Camp Wilderness in Lawson and is super excited. The theme of the camp is "Kids with a Purpose" and is designed to teach kids about God's plan for them. I hope she has a wonderful time and enjoys some spiritual growth as well.

How 'bout them Royals!? Please beat the Cardinals again and again.......

No comments:

Post a Comment