First the awkward one...
Tonight the Emmy's were on. Please know that while I don't consider this family programming, it was on while I was ironing, and the girls were wandering in and out of the room. During an acceptance speech, Tess heard a female award winner thank her wife........
"Mom, she just thanked her wife! Isn't that a girl? Why did she say that?"
pause pause pause (me hoping she would just walk out of the room without an answer)
She did not.
Picture me quickly trying to decide if I was really ready to have the homosexuality talk with my daughter.
I was not.
So my response? "It must be what she chooses to call the person she loves......."
Crisis averted. Awkward feeling in my stomach, not so much. And wouldn't you know that every single blessed time Tess came into the room, it was ALWAYS during a gay joke/remark.
Seriously.
Okay, now for the cute story.
Yesterday, Kate was doing something acrobatic like and she got the wind knocked out of her. But her description was that she got hit in her soul. Isn't that fun? I asked her where exactly her soul was located and she said "right here next to my heart." I just love her description. That is how a four year old describes what a soul is. I think she said it better than most adults could have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThank you SO MUCH for posting these stories! I stinkin' LOVE reading them, since we miss most of these fantastic and memorable moments. I already missed my girls, and now I absolutely cannot WAIT to see them even more!!
ReplyDeletexoxo
Mimi
You still iron?
ReplyDeleteI love, love, LOVE that kiddo! She is such a deep thinker. She just sat in the playroom forever on Saturday while Tess and I were painting and made things with the constructs and then would say, "Look, Grandma, what I made?" Wanted to squeeze the puddin' out of her. Oddly enough, and funny enough, Loren asked the same question that Tess did!! He doesn't get the lady/lady marriage, either! Someday I will have to suck it up and explain it to him....:):):)
ReplyDelete