Thursday, July 7, 2011

News, Notes & Quotes

Breaking News....
My sweet baby Jane is three years old today! more on that in the evening news.

Today is my one year work-a-versary. I still get caught off guard on Sunday evenings when I remember that I have to work the next day. I love my job, although I'm the only one that thinks a one year anniversary is worthy of celebration.

Our house has been on the world wide web now for a week. There is a sign in our yard, glossy brochures in a bin, and a lady is coming today to take pictures for a virtual tour. Not sure how I feel about that, but if it helps sell my house....

Our Bailey just found out she will be marching, as a cheerleader, in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade this year. Be prepared for some serious fundraising! You will be asked to help sponsor this dream!


Notes:
My parents go on vacation to the beautiful state of Colorado next week. We wish them nothing but JOY while they visit with family and be tourists to God's beautiful handiwork.

My niece Amelia is adorable and I'm pretty sure she loves me being her aunt.

Next week Tess and Kate will be going to a Theatre Camp at North Kansas City High School. This should be a week of delight for Tess and hopefully will help with Kate's shyness at performing. They will perform "Sleeping Beauty" on the final night. I hope they love it. If not, it's going to be a loooooong two weeks.

As mentioned above, our regularly scheduled child care is going on vacation. Andy and I firmly believe that when the "free" child care wants time off, they should get it, so my parents are sans grandchildren for the month of July. This doesn't mean we won't let them see our children, it just means they get to choose if and when they want to see them. Our Samantha is the hired help for the month and the girls are loving it. We are thrilled that Samantha was available and we have someone we can trust with our girls.

Quotes:
Samantha: "Jane, how old are you today?"
Jane: "2"
Samantha: "How old will you be tomorrow?"
Jane: "46"

Kate: "Mom, I don't want to know how to read before I go to kindergarten. I just want to be normal."

Scene: My office, sitting with a patient that is also a mom to a spoiled 5 yr old girl. Her insurance won't pay for her Adderall prescription. The mother's Adderall, not the child's, by the way.
Me: I'm sorry, Susie, but some insurances won't pay for an adult to be on a stimulant. I will try and call your insurance company, but they usually want me to verify that you are either working or in school." (She is neither)
Susie: "Well that is total crap. Being a mom is really hard. I went to college, for like 5 years, and being a mom is way harder."
Me: silence, holding back snarky comment.

Happy Thursday everyone! God is so good!




No comments:

Post a Comment