Saturday, July 16, 2011

Two Weeks

Keeping the house uber clean with three young kids is for the birds. Every time we leave the house, I have to think about someone wanting to come look while we are gone. PRESSURE! Pick up the gazillion pairs of flip flops, wipe the toothpaste out of the sink, dust off the t.v. screen, weed the landscaping, wipe the kitchen counters, spray some smell goody stuff, put fresh fruit in the bowl.......AARRRGGGHHH.
And it has only been two weeks into the process.
To answer the elephant in the room question....no, we have not had anyone interested in looking yet, although my mother-in-law swears she saw someone take a flyer from the box in the yard yesterday.
Everytime the phone rings I hope it is Deb wanting to show the house. I also hope that it is not Deb calling to tell us the house that we want is SOLD. What an emotional rollercoaster we have put ourselves on. I do not even like rollercoasters. They make me s-i-c-k.
What a weird feeling to be so excited about something but have to wait, and wait, and wait, and wait....all the while not knowing if the one thing you are excited about will even happen.
I picture my stuff in this house. I picture the stuff that I've always wanted to do with a house but didn't have the right space for it....I picture my kids playing in this yard, I picture having dinner parties and holiday celebrations at this house. I picture my kids coming home from college to this house........
Did I mention that I have this weird, possibly psychotic, draw towards this house?
Andy and I went and looked at the house a second time last week. We spent a lot more time looking at the the little details we had glossed over the first time. The place needs some work. It has so many little things that could turn into big money at the store.
We don't care.
It is so weird to pray for something like this, but I do. Every day. Sometimes twice. Not that we get what we want, but that we get what we need.
I'm pretty sure I need this house. Sorry God.

1 comment:

  1. i saw someone take a sheet from the for sale sign yesterday when i was at your house! :)

    ReplyDelete