Monday, February 27, 2012

Manic Monday

1. It took me till Wednesday to fully recover from my weekend with the teenagers. Pathetic.
2. Had no idea how upset my blog about the retreat would hurt my family members feelings regarding game playing. I could go into specifics, but the real truth is, this is about ME, not ya'all. sorry. I think eventually you will notice a change though.
3. Jane grinds her teeth and it drives me crazy.
4. Tess had her final KHRA basketball game this Saturday, getting second place in the final tournament. The girls played their hearts out and we were thrilled to see them give it their all. Tess had three points and showed some smarts playing defense (finally). Evidentely her father and the other coach had cooked up a scheme to get a team of girls together to play spring ball in a Liberty Rec league. I know Tess is pretty excited to keep playing. I am excited to see her excited.
5. The KU/MUgame on Saturday was ba-nan-as. I couldn't comprehend KU losing the game, but they sure did try to. Andy was at the game and had a once in a lifetime experience. He still hasn't come down from the high and I'm pretty sure we will be telling our grandchildren how he fist bumped Thomas Robinson before the game.
6. We had another cousin over for a play date this Saturday, and sent another cousin home, worn out and overwhelmed, to grateful parents. A good night's sleep is one of the guarantees we can provide after a day with our three girls.
7. Our family went on a biking/walking/running adventure yesterday on the walking trail by our house. Jane was riding her bike beside Andy and I walk-running when we heard her say "Oh crap, here comes a bunch of kids!" in response to another large-ish family we met on trail.
8. My Lenten bible reading is going well. Every day I get three emails sent to my phone that has a devotion, a set of scripture, and some background reading on the life of Jesus. Most mornings I get up "early" and read. Some days it is how I end my day. Still trying to figure out which I like best, mostly because I want to be focused and not be preoccupied with the distractions going on in my head/around me.
9. This weekend my mother & father in law asked Andy and I if we thought it would be okay if they started coming to our church. Initially I said that it would be fine and would not be weird. Now I think it will be weird, but I am still okay with it......and them having a church family is waaaay more important to me than the anticipated weird-ness. God is so good.
10. Andy finally got a smart phone (he really is the last person his age in the world to get one). I can't wait for it to be "just a phone" like it is for everyone else in the world. Until then, we will continue to sit in the same room/space, and not interact, while he messes with his phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment