brought to you on Tuesday.
1. Last week Kate had a 12 hour stomach bug. She woke up, didn't feel good. She went to school, didn't feel good. She came home, still didn't feel good. She threw up and felt GOOD. Not sure how the rest of us managed to miss out on that but I am thankful.
2. I said "Dude, chill out" to Jane one day and she replied, "I am NOT a dude, but you can call me sweetheart."
3. A co-worker purchased a meal planning guide from Groupon and has been letting me copy the weekly menus. This weekend I made four new recipes! One even included using active yeast and making dough rise.......((proud))
4. Now that I have become a chef extrordinaire I am going to need a bigger kitchen. With three girls(two under each arm pit and the third on a step stool in front of me) there is just not enough counter space to go around.
5. In respect to #4, we still have not officially decided what to do about selling the house. We have come to the conclusion that there are only three neighborhoods we are really willing to live in, all of which will require mo' money, mo' money, mo' money. I hope to make a decision soon because our target date of March is fast approaching and our house needs another detox after all the Christmas loot was added.
6. Fred, I am loving the "Baggage" message series at church. Really loved the story at the end of the "Letting Go of Other People's Baggage" message two weeks ago. It was perfect. Well done.
7. I get so tired of hearing people complain that they are "feeling" emotions. They come to me feeling stressed, sad, tired, anxious, angry, because of reality, and want us to help them cope with it through a pill. EMOTIONS are REAL, people. I can't tell you how many times I have said to someone "You have every reason to feel ______. What you are going through is _______. This is how that emotion is supposed to feel! I would be worried if you didn't feel those things. Good news! You are NORMAL." ((blank stare back at me))
8. Reading back over #8 makes me realize I need to take my own advice and know that listening to people say those things daily is bound to get to me and the frustration I am feeling is NORMAL. ((duh))
9. This weekend was great for watching sports. Tess played basketball on Saturday and hustled till her hustler was sore. The team lost but played hard, couldn't ask for more. The KU/MU game was a great evening of television with family and friends. Since KU gave the game away, I guess we will consider it a going away gift from the Big 12. The Super Bowl ended up being a super fun evening with friends. We had a small get-together of people that laughed, ate, laughed, watched the game, and laughed. Good times. We had a betting system on everything from the score to how many times they would show Gisele. We even placed bets on which kid would cry first. I actually won that one, but by default. Kate only cried because she injured her foot. But crying is crying and I needed the point!
10. Was told yesterday that I am old enough to get a baseline mammogram scheduled. ((sigh))
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment