Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Anybody Home?

It is with great excitement that I announce the Martens family is finally HOME! After six months in a two bedroom duplex, and then another month in my parent's basement, we are thrilled to be in our own home...with our own stuff...and our own space! I know it has been over a month since I last posted but I won't even try to catch up. Just going to start fresh from here.

Isn't this "home plate" doormat adorable? Perfect house warming gift for this baseball loving family from my MIL and FIL.

After a delay with our carpet, then Snowpocalypse one and two, and eventually a paperwork error at the mortgage company, we were able to officially say we were homeowners again on March 1st.
We love, love, love the house. It was definitely worth the wait.
Andy and I were talking about the home selling and building process leading to our "dream" home...when we realized this dream is actually 13 years in the making...not just 7 months.
When Andy and I were first looking into home ownership 13 years ago, we tried to build a house. It was a slow, drawn out and very frustrating process, so a month before our Brogan Tess was born we just gave up and bought our home on Bluebell Terrace. While it was a let down at the time, I can only imagine the differences between that potential home and what became our reality. For starters, our decorating style is SO much better now! Not to mention the size of the home, the location of the home, and the "extras" we were able to afford would not have happened 13 years ago. Last, but not least, we would have not met our beloved West family!
God is so good.
I promise to post some pictures soon. Right now we are busy unpacking things that have been in boxes for over a year and a half (from the first time we put our house on the market in July 2011). The girls are having a blast setting up their rooms and I am totally enjoying my new palate to decorate. The color change from basic brown undertones to gray undertones has been awesome and I am thrilled with the challenge to find exactly what I want instead of just buying what I find...kind of a new concept for me. Spending money on new things is fun for a while, but at this point I am wanting to bury my money in the yard to keep it from being spent! There is always something to purchase...hopefully we will get most of the bigger expenses done here soon and we can sloooowww the debits down a bit.
Stop by 1714 Cambridge Circle any time. We have no blinds yet, so it won't be hard to tell if we are home!

No comments:

Post a Comment