Hawthorne Elementary
held a student-led food drive to benefit the Kearney Food Pantry during the
week of March 4. Fifth grade students Justine Ambrosio, Tess Martens and
Hannah Yarc planned the drive from start to finish. They put together a
proposal, promoted the drive to students and organized food pick-up.
Students and staff donated more than 700 pounds of food! All students who
donated had the choice of wearing pajamas on Friday to celebrate. Ms.
Anders' 5th grade class and Ms. Lacy's 2nd grade class donated the most food
items and earned an ice cream party. (this is the article and picture the school counselor put in the Kearney Courier)
I pray every night for the good Lord to help me raise Confident, Compassionate, Christian women...that isn't too much to ask, right? Some days, I think it is a lost cause. They are snarky, self centered brats (which is TOTALLY normal by the way) and I just wish they could appreciate how good they have it.
Then they go and do something like this.
God is so good.
I've got another braggart moment on Kate that I will have to share tomorrow.
People kept asking me when I would start posting again....be careful what you ask for..
I pray every night for the good Lord to help me raise Confident, Compassionate, Christian women...that isn't too much to ask, right? Some days, I think it is a lost cause. They are snarky, self centered brats (which is TOTALLY normal by the way) and I just wish they could appreciate how good they have it.
Then they go and do something like this.
God is so good.
I've got another braggart moment on Kate that I will have to share tomorrow.
People kept asking me when I would start posting again....be careful what you ask for..
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment