Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Why we built this house


This house was built to welcome our family, our friends, and yes, any strangers(angels!) who might grace us with their presence. While we loved our home on Bluebell Terrace, we just didn't have enough room. The girls had to share bedrooms, there was no play area for them to spread three girls worth of stuff, and when we wanted to have family over it had to be in shifts. People had to sit on the floor. We would pray for good weather so we could have people sit out on the deck.
I found a floor plan online that fit what we liked and I wanted, then we took it to an architect and had it custom draw to really be what we wanted. Today I look at the house and think how thankful I am that it actually happened. I love this house and don't regret too many things about how it turned out, and what I don't love about it, I can tolerate. Most of all, we built a house for people to gather. It is thrilling that I have two baby showers and a bridal shower already scheduled for this spring and summer.
While at the house on Bluebell we started what I hope to be a long long tradition of celebrating the "second Sunday" of each month with a lunch after church at our house. Anyone, family or friend, was invited to eat and fellowship. Unfortunately, we only had room for immediate family at the time. It is with great excitement that Andy and I are planning our first Second Sunday in our home for our entire family. I can't wait to see how many people we can fit into this house.

No comments:

Post a Comment