I am adding to my goals for the new year to start caring about my health and wellness....not that I didn't care before, I just didn't care enough. I have been blessed with good genetics and haven't had to work too hard to stay a smallish person. But what I have noticed, is that even though the scale may say the same numbers....the body isn't looking the same......at all.
Scales are a waste of time, in my opinion. I think they give a false sense of hope, that if my numbers say one thing, then I must be okay. See, my numbers are G-O-O-D, but I can guarantee there are people with higher numbers/weight that would NOT want my jiggly bits, or my weak back, or my knees that scream when I run. I also have a theory that when people look at each other, and when I say look I mean judge, we look/judge what we can see, not what we think their weight is. For example, when I look/judge(I hate to admit it, but I do it!) I say good grief, that person is_______. Not, good grief, that person must weigh____ pounds! See my point?
Anyway, I know there are people that are playing their little violins for me and rolling their eyes.....that's fine. I also am participating in The Biggest Loser challenge at church.....which I am getting a lot of flack for. Yes, I know I am not going to win, and I'm probably not even going to help my team out that much. The reason I am doing The Biggest Loser is for accountability. That is what my resolutions(even though I hate that word) are about this year. Not so much the big life-changing things, but making myself accountable to someone other than myself....across the board....in personal health and wellness, parenting, relationships, and even finances.
So I am hoping that being a part of this Biggest Loser team will help me think twice before I eat total junk, help me think again before snacking at 9:30pm, and make me get off my rear and go work my rear off at the gym!
whew, I'm tired just thinking about it. I think I'll go get something to eat.......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Go Sarah! Want to start running together? :)
ReplyDeleteOnly if you will hold my hair when I puke from over-exertion! and promise to go slooooowwww.
ReplyDelete