Happy V-D!
I remember saying that years ago and thinking it was soooo darn funny. That was way back when Sexually Transmitted Diseases weren't called STDs like they are now...they were Venereal Diseases.......or V-D.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I totally just dated myself there, didn't I?
There's no VD here in Crazytown.......
ah-hem....
What I mean is we aren't celebrating Valentine's Day in Crazytown!
We got gifts for the girls, but Andy and I started celebrating Valentine's Day on March 14th several years ago.
Lame? Maybe. But it works for us.
We are a pretty romantic-ish couple every day of the year.....so in years past, we would tend to put extra expectations on Feb. 14th. However, as a couple, we would always cave under the pressure and end up having a crapper of a time. I'm not kidding. We would fight. Or we would over-plan and get stressed out. Or we would under-plan and be sadly underwhelmed.
So.....we decided to take this already hyped up holiday and focus(spoil) on the kids! Then, on March 14th, we can actually find childcare, avoid the crowds, spend some tax return money, and focus on US.
Time spent with my LOVE makes any day Valentine's Day.
Happy Valentine's Day from the Martens 5.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment