Friday, September 10, 2010

Sarah and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

yep. that title says it all. And I don't care if you care....I need to vent, so here is my post. Feel free to stop reading if you want.

My doctor was gone, celebrating the end of Ramadan. I would celebrate too if I had had to fast from all food and liquids from sun up to sun down for the last 30 days! Anyway, I had no doctor, so I had no one to sign orders for me quickly.....thus leading to a backlog of "to do" tasks.I was working for another doctor that had a boat load of work for me. He just kept bringing me work....as if he couldn't tell that I was overwhelmed and maxed out.

I got yelled at by three different patients. No, I personally didn't do anything wrong. They were having a bad day and yelled at the doctor and I so hard that my hair blew back. Yep, picture that!

It was 5:45 when I left work, and I had promised Andy that I would be home on time so that he could get to the HS football game that he is doing ambulance coverage for. I was waaaaaaay late.

I hadn't peed since 3 o'clock ish, but knew I was late so I didn't go before I left the office. Then I almost got into an accident and would have peed my pants on impact, I just know it. But I didn't get hit by the car, thankfully, so no wet pants, thankfully.

When I got home I started crying because the girls just looked at me and cowered....evidently Andy had told them "mommy had a bad day today, so be good."

I had to admit that I just couldn't keep up today at work. Too many clinic patients, too many voice messages needing things from me, too many other nurses not at work today........I simply couldn't help everybody that needed helped. And unfortunately I am the kind of person that will ruminate over this ALL weekend. I hate starting my Monday out with left over work from Friday.

I also was informed that the pretzals that I had sent with Tess to school do not fit in the new school district dietary guidelines. I had not seen the miniscule sized print that said they were packaged in a factory that also produced peanut butter. Holy #$%@!!!!! That bit of information struck me as such a cherry on top of my day that I laughed. I LAUGHED.......I could have killed someone with a peanut allergy and I am so frazzled that it struck me as funny. What is wrong with me?!

Luckily, the girls could sense my mood and secretly planned a surprise for me. I came into my room and found 2 granola bars, a bottle of water, some flowers stuck in a vase, a stuffed polar bear and a note that says We Love You Mom.
~sigh~
Such good girls.

AND at least I am not stuck outside, in this rain, waiting for a football game to get played, like my poor husband is right now....................

1 comment:

  1. I love you SOOOOOO much, Sister. I hope you have a better day tomorrow. :-)

    ReplyDelete